Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally feeling better.



I guess this title can go for both Sarah and me. Sarah had a good day yesterday. She ate and drank well all day and I think she just generally felt better. But, then I took her back to daycare this morning so she'll probably be sick again tomorrow. I wish I didn't have to send her at all. I know that's where she's picking all this stuff up. No offense to the daycare. Jackie runs a tight ship, but you can't control the parents. There are some who bring their children when they're sick hoping they'll get away with it because they have nowhere else to take them. Well, hopefully Sarah won't catch anything else and she can enjoy being healthy. Poor baby...she's been sick for way too long.

As for me. I have my days where I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown and I want to call Scott and demand that he come home. Then I also have had just a couple of days where I think I'll be ok. That I can handle it. Today is one of those days. I think I'll be ok. I may have figured it all out. Or maybe I haven't, but I am realizing that this job is a necessity. That another household income is a necessity. It makes it easier knowing that I should be able to cut my hours back so I'll be at home more. It would be great if it wasn't for the morning routine. I can't continue to get Jonah up before 5am every morning. I know it will affect his grades because he's so tired. I'm afraid he's sleepy during class and not paying attention. That's my fault. I can't allow it. I have to find a way to make a change. He's a straight A student. Just last week he brought a brochure home that his counselor at school gave him. It said he is in the 99th percentile of his class and was offered a program through Duke University. He can test on an 8th grade level and do work that would challenge his academic skills. I'm all for the challenge, but we can't do this one because it's a little too pricey for us right now. His report card showed a grade of 100 in math. His teacher and principal congratulated him because he was the only one in his class to make that grade. He's just as proud of himself as I am. I'm hoping he'll keep that drive all the way through high school, college, and whatever else he chooses to do.





So today I'm trying to focus on the positives and try to figure out a way to change our morning routine. I'm wanting 2010 to be a much better year than 2009. I'm looking forward to our new adventures and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment